Greenwood Guides (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Greenwood Guides Limited of Old Forge Cottage, Ewhurst Green, Robertsbridge, East Sussex TN32 5TD, UK (Registered in England no. 05478705).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided at the time of filling out the registration form on our website www.greenwoodguides.com (our site) to access our services and subscribe to our mailing list.
- Anonymous details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, operating system, browser type and other communication data, as well as the resources that you access.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised experience. They enable us:
- To store the results of interactions on our site, such as registering to access our services, viewing maps or saving favourite places.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To measure our audience size, behaviour and site usage patterns.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To allow you to access services provided on our site.
- To provide you with information that may be of interest to you, such as special offers from accommodation owners or changes to our products and website features. Such information will only be provided where you have consented to receive it. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please uncheck the relevant box situated on the registration form or click the unsubscribe link available in any email correspondence.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Links
Disclosure of Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Greenwood Guides Ltd
Old Forge Cottage