Like the neighbouring Whale Trail in the Overberg, this three- or four-day coastal route leads you through some of the best scenery of the Garden Route. It's fully guided and portered, leaving you to plod happily along endless beaches and awesome cliffs, investigating ancient caves and rock pools, learning about the fascinating habits of the African black oystercatcher, as well as all the other flora and fauna, while soaking up fab Indian Ocean views. There is a good probability of sighting dolphins and whales (in season). The trail has now been split into two versions, Gold Star, 4 days and 4 nights, all-inclusive of wine and beer (except premium brands), all shuttles, airport transfers. No single supplement charged. Priced at R5,995. And Silver Star, which is exactly the same distance but done in 3 days with 4 nights accommodation. The quality and highlights of the trail are the same except it excludes drinks, airport transfers, but does include a shuttle back to Mossel Bay, the starting point of the Trail. It is still a slack packing trail where the luggage transfers are arranged by us.
- Prices: Gold Star: R5,995 for 4-day (4 nights); no single supplement; min 6, max 12 hikers required; Silver Star: R3,945 pp sharing for 3-day (4 nights), single supplement R150 pppn, children under 12 sharing with parents get 25% discount. Book well in advance. Special quotes for smaller groups.
- Contact: Mossel Bay
- Tel: 044-699-1204
- Fax: 086-555-2604
- Cel: 082-550-4788
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.oystercatchertrail.co.za
- Updated: 31/01/2010
Springtide Sailing Charters
Take the helm as you sail a 50ft luxury cruiser through the world-famous Knysna Heads, continue on to explore this incredibly pictutesque coastline while washing down another oyster with a glass of chilled bubbly... yes, now you are living the dream!The Outeniqua is a professionally crewed performance vessel and she offers leisure and interactive sailing experiences that will leave you breathless.
- Prices: 3hr sunset cruise R590 - R650; champagne breakfast 3hr trip R750 - R800; day sailing incl seafood lunch R750 - R800.
- Contact: 34º South Jetty, Knysna Quays, Knysna
- Tel: 082-470-6022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: www.springtide.co.za
- Updated: 31/01/2010